Acting on Impulse is offering an exciting opportunity to join our Manchester-based Christian charity as our Development Officer. We are looking to enhance our activities, and this appointment will be a key step in that process.
The job has three main elements:
Firstly to increase the level of income. This will be through successful grant funding applications, running imaginative and fun fund-raising events and increasing the number of regular supporters.
Secondly to forge relationships with receptive agencies, where we can deliver our outreach drama/film projects. We would like to partner with at least one of them who buys in a project as part of their enhanced and targeted service provision.
Thirdly to increase the awareness in Greater Manchester of Acting on Impulse and the work that we do. In part, we see this as helping with the first two deliverables, raising income and engaging with other agencies. But it also about raising the profile of our work.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a heart for the people we serve – most of whom are disadvantaged.
- Is passionate about the role of the performing arts in improving the wellbeing of those involved.
- Has a proven fund-raising track record.
- Demonstrable ability in using social media is important.
- Has the ambition and energy to help push Acting on Impulse through this transition period and on to the next level.
- Is Manchester based
- Lives by values that resonate with our action-orientated Christian ethos.
If you’re excited by this role, in addition to your CV, please provide us with a cover letter explaining:
- What attracts you to the role.
- Why you believe you’d perform well and thrive in the role.
Working Arrangements: this is a home-based part-time role (50% FTE = 18.75 hours per week) which will involve travel in the Manchester area visiting agencies, networking and attending our workshops. The FTE salary is up to £28,000 depending on experience. Hours are flexible with an emphasis on school term time working. There will be a need for some weekend and occasional evening working.
If interested, please email email@example.com